Well, I broke down and bought an elliptical machine. Travis saw it at goodwill and it is in great condition! I only paid 50$ for it, that part I was really excited about. After trying the gym and never making it very often I gave in.
I told Travis that it would really be nice to have something here at home that I could do even when he was not here and/or the boys were awake. I know sounds complicated but if you are a mom you will understand that having kids with you and working out don't really work out!
So we got it Saturday night and of course Sunday i couldnt workout because it is the sabbath and we are suppose to rest. (the only time I have really taken this literally!) So Monday rolls around and Travis is working, I sit the boys in front of the TV like the good Mom that I am and tell them Mommy is going to exercise. (I was thinking that they could watch one cartoon and then I would be done..HAHA!!) They promptly jumped up and ran down the hall... of course they HAD to see this!
So, with an audience .... I get on and slowly begin. After about two minutes I come to a complete stop. Lane ask me "momma are you okay?" as I was huffing and puffing I replied "yes, Mommy is just fat and out of shape." Lane then begins to run in place and says "I can do it fast I am not fat!" gotta love kids!!!
I was very disappointed! I only lasted about two minutes!!! How sad is that! I didnt want to tell anyone at first (I know you are thinking why did you???) but I had to find out if I was the only one having this much trouble. Well several of my friends confirmed that elliptical machines are very hard... I love my friends!
I was way too sore to try and do it again Tuesday... I know pathetic! So I waited till Thursday. I want everone to know that I beat my record I now can last three entire minutes!!! I cannot tell you how excited I was! I will beat my goal again in two days, slowly but surely I will make it to double digits!
